If you or a loved one has been affected by the wildfires or mudslides, an attorney may be able to help. 

Do I Qualify?


By clicking the Submit button, I consent to being contacted at the number I provided which may include being contacted by an autodialer or text message. I acknowledge that standard message and data rates apply and that clicking submit constitutes my electronic signature for my consent to being contacted.

Fill out the form below to see if you qualify

Six devastating wildfires recently besieged Southern California, including the Thomas Fire in Ventura and Santa Barbara Counties, the Creek Fire in the Sylmar/Kagel Canyon area, and the Rye Fire in Santa Clarita. The fires have displaced hundreds of thousands of residents in the Los Angeles and San Diego areas. It has been reported that electric company Southern California Edison’s local facilities are currently under investigation in relation to the cause of at least some of the fires.

Many people who have lost their homes due to the wildfires or mudslides are coming to a devastating realization. They thought their homeowner’s insurance policy covered them for their losses – but just the opposite is true. Many older policies don’t come close to providing the coverage these property owners need in order to pick up the pieces.

The mudslides are linked to the recent fires.  “The mudslide washed my car away and the destroyed remains of it were found on the beach in Montecito,” said Alicia Journey, a local attorney with the California Fire Lawyers. “As terrifying as that was, I am so thankful that my family was otherwise unharmed. My heart breaks for the families who are grieving the loss of loved ones after this terrible ordeal.”

The nationally-recognized attorneys with Baron & Budd, the Singleton Law Firm, Dixon Diab & Chambers LLP, Thorsnes Bartolotta McGuire, and Terry Singleton, Esq., known collectively as the California Fire Lawyers, are teaming up to help those affected by these tragic wildfires. Each of these firms has extensive experience in representing California families who have suffered losses in previous wildfires, including the Butte and Chariot fires.

You might be entitled to a cash settlement

For nearly 40 years, our lawsuit attorneys have successfully helped clients fight for compensation in dangerous drug injury and wrongful death claims. Let us help you.

By clicking above, I agree to receive telephone calls and text messages at the telephone number provided above/below (including any mobile number provided) by our law firm. I understand that consent is not a condition to receive the services and that I may revoke my consent at any time. By using this site you agree that you have read and agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. This website, and the individual posts on the website, are for informational purposes only, do not provide a substitute for engaging legal counsel, and do not constitute legal advice or solicitation for legal services. Any legal advice should be tailored to specific clients and their specific needs. No attorney-client relationship is created by any use of this website. You should not rely on any information in this website.

California Wildfire & Mudslide Lawsuits are currently being filed

Frequently Asked Questions

I have insurance: do I need a lawyer?

Insurance does not cover all losses for three main reasons:

  • Most people are underinsured.
  • Property items are depreciated by the insurance company so that the payout won’t replace the lost items.
  • Many categories of damages are outside the purview of insurance coverage completely (like emotional damages, erosion, or lost income) or mostly (like landscaping and trees).

We have successfully fought to recover money for insured homeowners to compensate them for uninsured losses, including damages related to the stress and inconvenience caused by the fire and being displaced.

I don’t like the idea of lawsuits/I’m not a litigious person. Why do I need an attorney?

Right now, and for the next few months, you will be dealing with all kinds of issues that are not directly related to a lawsuit. For example, handling your insurance coverage, registering with government entities, and dealing with the County for cleanup and permitting. Our group of experienced fire attorneys and staff will help you navigate these issues. You will always have access to someone who can answer your questions and offer assistance.

We DO NOT take a percentage of your recovery from insurance. We will help you with your insurance claims without taking any portion of your insurance recovery.

To receive compensation for your losses you will need an attorney to help navigate the litigation process. Unfortunately, corporations have nearly unlimited resources and fight hard to minimize payouts to anyone who suffers fire losses. We hire experts in electrical engineering, metallurgy, fire investigation, tree valuation, erosion, home building, and other areas to establish liability and prove your damages.

What if I don’t have insurance?

We have helped many home-owners and renters who did not have insurance at the time of the fire. If the fire was caused by someone ‘s negligent, careless, or deliberate behavior, then you are entitled to compensation whether or not you had insurance.

What if I rented my house?

Renters who lose all of their possessions in a fire typically have significant personal property losses. It is costly to replace furniture, cookware, clothing, and other items that we tend to collect over a lifetime. Renters also have intangible damages related to the stress and anguish caused by the fire and its aftermath.

What happens if my business interruption limits are reached?

Most commercial insurance policies covering business will have a component of insurance called Business Interruption Insurance or Coverage. The purpose of this type of coverage is to supplement or replace your business’ income during any downtime. Depending on your policy limits and the extent of damage to your business, these limits may be exhausted before your business may be able to get back up and running. With the help of our experts, we can assist you in ascertaining and maximizing any business interruption claims. Any losses above and beyond your coverage are those that we would try and recover from a responsible party. As with the homeowners’ claims, we DO NOT take a percentage of recovery of your insurance proceeds. That recovery is yours, and yours alone.

How are the attorneys paid/what is your retainer?

There is no financial obligation or risk to hiring us. We work on contingency, meaning you don’t pay anything unless we recover money for you. Further, we advance all costs ourselves. We will never ask you to pay money out-of-pocket to us.

Will PG&E increase rates to pay for the lawsuit?

Any rate increases must be approved by the Public Utilities Commission. We have helped defeat power company efforts to raise rates.

Fill out the form or call us at: (805) 410-1325

Property Damage

-Homes and other structures
-Personal property/contents of the home
-Trees and landscaping
-Erosion damage

Evacuation / Alternative Living Expenses

-Hotel/food/gas during evacuation
-Rent and additional costs for temporary living

Lost Income

-Personal income (including loss of sick and vacation days)
-Business income

Emotional Damages

-Fear for safety of yourself and others
-Mental anguish, inconvenience, disturbance, and annoyance

What Are My Fire or Mudslide Damages?

Site Sponsored by Baron and Budd Law Firm

Fix the following errors: